January 15 of each year is earmarked by the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation to mark the unfortunate demise of Sir Ahmadu Bello, Premier of the Northern Region, the Prime Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, and many other illustrious leaders of the North on January 15, 1966. The day is marked with the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Annual Lecture, in remembrance of the qualities of leadership and good governance they epitomized, and to discuss topical issues to proffer solutions to the nation’s socio – economic challenges for sustainable peace, unity and progress of the North and Nigeria.
The Foundation under its Leadership and Good Governance Initiative accomplished the following lectures/seminars:
▪ The maiden edition of Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Lecture was held in December 2012. It was delivered by Prof. (Amb) Ibrahim Agboola Gambari. It was well attended by stakeholders.
▪ The 50th Commemoration Conference and lecture on the demise of Sir Ahmadu Bello, delivered by Arc Muhammad Dewu, 2016.
▪ The Agenda Setting Conference on Security and Development of Northern Nigeria was held 2017, and delivered by Dr Suleyman Ndanusa.
▪ Conference on the Herdsmen/Farmers Conflict, 2018 delivered by Bishop Mathew Hassan Kukah.
▪ Second edition of the round table on Farmers/Herders conflict was organized in July 2018.
▪ Comparative Analysis between the Presidential and Parliamentary System of Government 2019 delivered by Prof CJ Dakas
▪ Integrated Agriculture for Food Security and Sustainable Economic Regeneration in Northern Nigeria, delivered by Vice Admiral Murtala H. Nyako GCON, January 2020.