The health sector is one area that intervention is most needed and, in this respect, the Foundation designed and executed its Health Care related programmes. Such programmes include Medical Caravans, training of Traditional Birth Attendants, Health Education Programmes, and Vaccinations etc. In addition to that, SABMF supports training of manpower in the medical sector among others.
▪ Emergency Trauma/blast Care Skills for Doctors and Health Workers
The Foundation under its Health Strengthening Intervention programme successfully conducted three zonal workshops on Emergency Trauma/Blast Care Skills for Doctors and Health Workers with 209 participants. Workshops were held in Gombe (North East Zone) and Sokoto (North West Zone) in June 2013 as well as in Ilorin (North Central Zone) in November 2013. Under the Medical programme, the Foundation had trained 156 medical doctors and nurses in Blast Skills and Trauma Management.
▪ SABMF Free Medical Outreach
Conducted for Rabah Community in Rabah Local Government Area of Sokoto State in 2017, where over 2,000 people were screened and treated for various diseases, including surgical operations.
▪ Safe Drinking Water Project
• Solar Powered Borehole with Lead – Free Water Purification Scheme at Yar Galma Village in Bukkuyum Local Government Of Zamfara State. The Foundation in its Health programme intervention, constructed Solar Powered Borehole in the community to provide access to safe and portable drinking water.
• Lead Poison-free solar powered borehole facility in Dareta, Zamfara State
• Kagara community of Niger State is yet to be completed.
• Construction of boreholes in two communities in Barkin – Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State